International Debt Recovery
International Debt Recovery is often time consuming, complicated and costly. Each case will have its own set of challenges, with some of the most common being:
- Communicating and negotiating and in the debtor’s language
- Understanding the laws of the debtor’s country to ensure recovery compliance
- Working and communicating across different time zones
- Negotiating settlement and payment in foreign currency
- Instructing cost-effective and reliable international legal counsel
At Advocate we are extremely proud of our record in international debt recovery having successfully recovered debts from 5 of the 6 continents of the world. We will consider debts from most countries with some exceptions as it is not possible to recover debts from certain regions and countries.
If the debtor is located in an EU member state EU Late Payment Legislation applies and we would add our recovery costs to the claim from the debtor. If the debtor is located in a non-EU state our work would be carried out on a no recovery no fee basis. In either case there is no risk as if we are unsuccessful in recovering the debt our services are completely free of charge.
We also act for international clients in recovering debt from UK based businesses. There are some exceptions and countries that we are unable to accept instructions from, so please contact us for advice and further information.