GDPR affects the way we collect and use information about visitors to our website, and makes it easier to find out what information we may hold about you.
Our contact details
The Data Controller and Data Protection Manager
Advocate Commercial Debt Recovery
10 Park Street
Telephone: 0117 403 1785
“You or Your or Client” means you as the user of this website.
“Information and Data” is the information and data entered by you in completing forms on this website.
“We or Us or Our” means Advocate Commercial Debt Recovery (www.debtadvocate.co.uk) the provider of this website.
The type of personal information we collect
We collect information about our clients including company name and trading style, company address, company contact information (email and phone numbers), type of goods or services you provide, bank details. Client testimonials and case studies are used on our website and may contain information, names, logos and photos that identify clients, companies and employees. We will always seek the client’s express consent prior to publishing any such information.
We collect information about the client’s debtor(s) including company name trading style, company address, company contact information (email and phone numbers), company registration number if applicable, details of any legal representation.
How we get the personal information and why we have it
Most personal information we collect and process is provided by you. However, we may also collect information:
- From publicly accessible sources e.g. Companies House, The Gazette (Official Public Record);
- Directly from a third party e.g. commercial credit reference agency;
- Through our website e.g. IP address, information from cookies, information about your computer or device (e.g. device and browser type), information about how you use our website (e.g. which pages you have viewed, the time when you view them and what you clicked on).
Most of the personal information we process is provided to us directly by you for one of the following reasons:
- So that we can contact you in relation to your enquiry;
- To meet our legal, statutory and contractual obligations once you have instructed us;
- On occasion we will use your information for marketing communications which you can opt out of by informing us at email@example.com
Who we may share your personal data with
We do not sell your data but may share it with:
- Third party agencies & service providers we instruct on your behalf or refer you to e.g. solicitors, agents, representatives;
- External auditors e.g. for the audit of our accounts;
- Our bank e.g. forwarding payment to your bank account.
Under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the lawful bases we rely on for processing this information are:
- We have a contractual obligation;
- We have a legal obligation;
- We have a legitimate interest.
How we store your personal information
Information may be held at our offices and those of our third party agencies, service providers, representatives and agents as described above (see ‘Who we may share your personal data with’).
We retain your information for no longer than is necessary to accommodate legal obligations we have (such as records for tax purposes), any other legal basis we have for using your information (e.g. performance of a contract with you or our legitimate interests as a business). When no longer necessary your electronic & printed data is securely destroyed.
You are able to remove your consent at any time by contacting The Data Controller and Data Protection Manager (as above).